Masterclass – Emotive Approach to Painting the Human Figure
June 19 -23 (5 Days Intensive 30 hours Instruction)
Course fee: €875
In this Oil Painting Masterclass, Instructor will discuss both an analytical and emotive approach to painting the human figure with an emphasis on color and value relationships in a related atmosphere. The class will consist of a single long pose in both cool and warm light. The development of form through an observation and interpretation of plane shifts projecting and receding from the eye will be stressed. Aspects of anatomy, proportion and movement will be discussed along with the development of an Alla Prima technique which involves both scumbling and glazing.
The course will involve lectures, demo's and critiques on a daily basis.
INSTRUCTION: Demos and on the easel critiques.
CLASS HOURS: 9am to 4pm with lunch at 12 noon. Classes are 6 hours a day, five days a week, Monday to Friday.
APPLICATION: To apply for this course:
1. Download and read our studio rules.
By filling out the application, you agree to our studio rules.
2. Fill out the application form completely
3. We will admit students on a rolling bases into the program until the maximum number is reached.
4. When you are admitted into the program, you are required to make your payment using paypal/credit card. If you prefer to make payment via bank transfer, please email email@example.com for instructions on how to proceed.
5. Tuition is non-refundable. Should the Flemish Classical Atelier cancel the course for any reason, fees are refunded. All fees are due upon registration.
6. You may make your own living arrangements. There are landlords who will give our students special prices for long term stay. You can share this housing with 2 other students. There are 2 bedrooms and 3 bedroom housing. Click for Accommodation list
7.If you have any questions, or if we can assist you in any manner, please send us an email
8. Click here to Download Materials list